Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

So, today I have seen post after post on Facebook from so many people complaining about this holiday.
People talking about how it's just a "Hallmark" holiday, that it's a silly or ridiculous holiday. Many mention that they would rather their significant other would do loving things for them every day.

I just have to say, what's wrong with having a special day that allows you and the one you love to pamper, spoil and treat each other to something special.
With that said, I will say that my husband is fairly romantic year round. He takes every opportunity he can during each and every day to tell me how much he loves me. He holds my hand while we are watching tv, carries bags as we are leaving the store, he likes to do the "dirty chores" around the house. He will take the car and full it up with gas for me when it is really cold outside. He is very good at showing me each day just how much I mean to him. And I feel that I'm pretty good about showing him the same thing in my own ways.

So why does Valentine's Day have to be a silly, commercialized day?! Why can't we think of it as a day that we can all share together to be able to shout from the rooftops about those in our lives that we love.

I love my husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment