Sunday, January 15, 2012

A couple new challenges for myself

I've come up with a couple new challenges for myself that I'm excited about. 
The first one is that whenever I'm listening to my music on shuffle...I will NOT allow myself to quickly skip past to the next song.  I do this often and I've noticed I generally listen to the same songs. 
I have over 2200 songs on my iPhone and don't listen to nearly enough of them.  But there is a reason that I put them on there in the first place (since I haven't put all my music library on there). 
So, my mission is that I'm going to take the time to listen to every song that comes on...whether it fast or slow, instrumental or not...no matter the genre or the mood that I am in. 
I tend to try to seek out songs that I think will speak to me and the mood/emotions that I'm feeling and I know that I am overlooking so many wonderful songs that I just don't think about.  So, I'm going to let the songs find me.
Every few days, I'll come back on here and post about one or two songs that I'd forgotten about that had somehow found me when I needed them.  So, stay tuned for those.

Secondly, I'm going to make myself much more involved in the I heart faces photography challenges.  If you aren't familiar with what this is, you can head over to www.iheartfaces.com to learn more.  Basically at the beginning of each week, they open it up to submissions.  You can post one photo that fits that weeks theme, but all their photos require there to be at least one human face visible in the photo (hence the name of the website).  You can use photos that you've taken in the past (and I'm sure I'll have to do this on occasion), but my goal will be that (almost) all the photos that I'll submit will be new photos taken just for the challenge.  It'll force me to be creative and to hopefully think outside the box. 
Since the way you post is by posting a photo to your blog and then uploading the link to your blog...You can guess it...I'll be posting all my submissions on this blog right here!  So stay tuned for this. 
I'm excited about the upcoming themes.  The next three themes are "Family Fun", "By the Book" and "Oh So Silly". 

I'm excited to share these challenges with you all as I embark on some new exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment