Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oy vey...

Let's just say that this has been a less than stellar week...
This past weekend I developed a nasty sinus infection that had me down and out for about 4 solid days (Friday-Monday) and I am still trying to get back to 100%. 
Also, this past Saturday, my grandfather passed away at the young age of 93 (would have been 94 next month).  Let's say that as hard as it is to say goodbye to such a wonderful man, this is a good thing.  His quality of life was greatly deteriorated and he'd been in and out of the hospital many times in the last few months. 

He will be greatly missed, but it's my grandmother that I worry about now.  I just hope that she can find some peace in all of this.  My mother has been an absolute SAINT!  She went down this past Thursday to stay with my grandma Georgia and is still down there.  She plans to stay with her for another few days until after the funeral.  It's been such a blessing to know that my mom is there with my grandma and that they've had each other these last few days. 
This Saturday will be his funeral and all of us, his loving family, will have to find a way to somehow say goodbye to this wonderful, loving man. 

I finally was feeling well enough today to get back to work and what a doozy of a day that was!  I obviously can't get into details, but it was one of the more stressful days I've had in a while.  Also, physically wearing...I at one point wanted to stick my head in the freezer to cool down because I was moving so non-stop that I was sweating...profusely!  I know, I know...more than you wanted to hear, but I'm sure I was starting to stink.  HA HA HA!  I didn't get a lunch break during all the craziness, but since all my patients were either discharged or transferred by the end of my shift, I got to duck out about 45 minutes early.
I stopped at Chipotle on the way home, and then the liquor store for a nice bottle of Riesling!  So, since I don't have to work again until Friday...Me and my bottle of wine are going to get cozy this evening and unwind a bit. 

3 comments: